Hackers who claims to have stolen and published first 10 episodes of the upcoming season of Netflix’s "Orange is the New Black" on the Torrent site.
They are now threatening them to release more episodes on the internet if the Netflix fails to pay them an undisclosed amount of ransom money.
"We are aware of the situation. A production vendor used by several major TV studios had its security compromised and the appropriate law enforcement authorities are involved,” Netflix said in a statement.
According to the reports of Variety, the group is operated under the name of "The Dark Overlord." They threatened the network that they have plenty of more series from other networks like ABC, Fox, IFC, and National Geographic.
"It didn't have to be this way, Netflix. You're going to lose a lot more money in all of this than what our modest offer was," the hacker wrote, reports Variety. "We're quite ashamed to breathe the same air as you. We figured a pragmatic business such as yourselves would see and understand the benefits of cooperating with a reasonable and merciful entity like ourselves."
The F.B.I. is investigation this matter.
While the new episodes of “Orange Is the New Black” are set to release on June 9.
McFee revealed that the cyber attacks on Saudi Arabia over the last few months have been continuing. McAfee revealed the details about this disruptive campaign which is unofficially directed to Iran.
Raj Samani, chief Scientist said that the previous cyber attacks on Saudi Arabia's state run oil company happened in 2012 were very similar to cyber attacks this time though this time its more massively destructive , speaking ahead of the blog post's publication.
Samani said "This campaign was a lot bigger" he added "Way larger in terms of the amount of work that needed to be done"
In one of the claims, the 2012 cyber attacks against Saudi Aramco and Quatari natural gas company RasGas were one of the most dangerous cyber attacks ever publicly revealed. It was a huge data wiping attacks that wrecked tens of thousands of computers.
McAfee officials said that the malicious code for attacks used this time were heavily copied from the previous 2012 attack, part of the code seems to have been copied from a previously known hacking group, Rocket Kitten. US cyber security has indicated Iran for the attacks with greater or lesser certainty.
While McAfee has refused to link any particular actors to the incident.
Saudi officials gave little information about the incident saying more than dozen government agencies and companies were effected and a governor adviser didn't responded when asked about the attacks.
The Iranian Embassy in Paris have also not responded to the messages .